WOW! What a luncheon.
We are very excited that over 250 people attended the 4th annual WOW Dallas luncheon to hear what a difference the WOW auxiliary is making for orphans in Guatemala. Most exciting of all, more than $21,540 was raised to help with the needs of the orphans in 2013.
Highlights from the 2012 WOW luncheon included:
- Eight amazing high school students talked about their passion for WOW and the trips to Guatemala.
- The annual WOW video was premiered, along with a special mission trip version of “Call Me Maybe”. Watch the WOW video here and “Call Me Maybe” here.
- We unveiled beautiful photography of Guatemala by Libby Goff.
- The second annual Guatemalan market sold out and raised more than $4,500!
- The raffle, featuring designs by Lisa Mozley, raised nearly $2,000.
- Old friends connected and new friends were made over a common connection of caring about orphans in Guatemala.
Thank you for being part of WOW and for making a difference with your support.
A recycled laptop, a hemmed skirt, and an artfully designed room can change the world—particularly the world of 60 children at the Little House of Refuge orphanage in Xela, Guatemala. Their benefactors are three North Texas Girl Scouts who traveled with Orphan Outreach and Women for Orphans Worldwide (WOW), July 29–August 3.
The Girl Scout Gold Award is the highest award a Girl Scout can achieve. When a young woman is “Going for the Gold,” she envisions and crafts a project that not only fulfills a need within her community, but also creates lasting change. The award requires Girl Scouts to complete a minimum of 80 hours of leadership and service.
Read on to discover the surprising ways these Girl Scouts will be transforming the lives of orphans.
Women for Orphans World (WOW), an auxiliary of Orphan Outreach, launched its first Bike-A-Thon, called Wheelin’ for Orphans Worldwide (WOW,) in June and earned $2,000 during the 3 hour event.